Pronounced : /ˈrɛlɪkwəri/ Definition : A container or shrine in which sacred relics are kept. A perfect gift for any cheese lover whose passion for cheese borders on the religiously fanatical.
In our Cheesy Reliquary you will receive :
(1) the multi-award winning, Best British Cheese at the #VirtualCheeseAwards, Renegade Monk, soft blue rind washed AND organic (retail value £9)
(2) Rebel Nun – the newly released sister cheese, a bit milder and creamier, still organic and much loved by those in the know (retail value £9)
(3) Peter’s Yard Charcoal & Rye Box of Biscuits – these are our favourite ever biscuits to taste cheeses with (retail value £2.25)
(4) Our Renegade Monk or Rebel Nun soft organic, Fair-trade T shirt, of the size you choose when you mail us (otherwise we default to XL) (retail value £20)
(5) Tasting Notes for your box, for different wines, ales and ciders to try with the cheese. Included in this is an excerpt from Ned Palmer’s wonderful “A Cheesemonger’s Guide to the British Isles” which talks about Renegade Monk being the “first post modern cheese” (along with an explanation of what this means). We would have included a drink with this box but our licensing laws make it hugely administratively burdensome to do so, we’re going to have to just tell you what we drink with these cheeses instead. Sorry.
We mail this in a snazzy square #WoolCool cardboard presentation box – it uses wool as an insulator, and is 100% sustainable. Please use the box and wool for mulch around any plants you have. We care about sustainability, and think #WoolCool do a great job of using wool which is a much under-used resource which is native to Britain, and needs as much support as we can give. We add several ice packs in the box as well, so please re-use these too in the Spirit of Recycling.
Sprigs of herbs (as seen above) may be included, and can be used to decorate cheese boards, drinks, or platters.